Kaisergarten Hotel Deidesheim – EventsEvents Kaisergarten Hotel Deidesheim – CouponsCoupons Kaisergarten Hotel Deidesheim – NewsletterNewsletter Kaisergarten Hotel Deidesheim – CareerCareer


It is well known that the truth lies in the wine. What’s more: the story…

The Hotel Kaisergarten Deidesheim was bought by the owner at the time (formerly known as Hatterer’s Hotel) and extensively rebuilt and renovated until around 2012 and finally opened in 2013. At this point, you might think that’s it for the story.

In fact, the roots go back a long way and begin with the sister hotel Ketschauer Hof and the three sister wineries, which are also based in Deidesheim.
Here we go: The boundaries of the Ketschauer Hof estate were first documented in the middle of the 14th century, when the noble Enggaß family moved their seat to Deidesheim. Anna von Enggaß fell in love, married Johann Schliederer von Lachen and two relics from the Schliederer era are literally carved in stone and can still be admired today: a stone slab commemorating Arnold Schliederer von Lachen on the side of the terrace of our restaurant in 1718 and a sandstone inlay with the coat of arms of the Schliederers on the left on the south gate of the estate.

The estate was severely damaged during the Thirty Years’ War (1618-1648) and later by French troops during the War of the Palatinate Succession (1688-1697). The reconstruction took a long time and the property finally went to the barons of Ketschau in 1716 after family disputes. They had today’s manor house in the years 1770-1772 by the Electoral Palatinate court architect Franz Rabaliatti in the simple, elegant Baroque style. Elector Karl Theodor von der Pfalz and his wife as well as the Prince-Bishop of Speyer were in Deidesheim for the inauguration celebrations.

The French Revolution (1789-1799) also left its mark on the Ketschauer Hof; the estate was repeatedly severely damaged and the remains came into the possession of the Deidesheim winegrower in 1815. Andreas Jordan (1775-1848), whose father, Peter Jordan from Savoy, had immigrated to the Palatinate and had already 1718 was a documented vineyard owner in Deidesheim. Andreas Jordan took on the reconstruction of the property and had it rebuilt on the old floor plans. The entrance for carts and the entrance to the manor house were moved to the north, directly opposite today’s Privy Councillor Dr. von Bassermann-Jordan winery.

In 1849, the stately manor house was rebuilt and extended by the Koblenz architect Hermann Nebel. This architectural appearance seems to have been lovingly preserved and carefully “frozen” to this day. A painting by Nicolaus Berkhout shows the Ketschauer Hof in 1876. It hangs in the entrance area, come and have a look!

The entire estate has been privately ownedsince 2002. After extensive restoration and conversion work, based on old records, in 2006 the
Gourmet restaurant L.A Jordan (awarded 2 Michelin stars** since April 2023) and the 1718 restaurant opened, followed in 2009 by the
Opening of the luxury boutique hotel. Since then, the entire ensemble of this tranquil gem in Deidesheim has been fully restored and is now run by Ketschauer Hof – Hotel & Restaurant GmbH. It now also includes the Hotel Kaisergarten with its Riva restaurant, which is just a short walk away, and the neighboring Sushi B. restaurant (located in the Reichsrat von Buhl winery).

With We look back with pride on tradition and history…